BulMar Accounting College was established for building and preparing the new generation of reliable and competent accountants.
Our policy is to employ mainly young economists, without much professional experience, and train them in our high standards. To this end, Kreston BulMar grants scholarships for free study at the Accademy to selected young economists who are seen as potential future.
The college is open also to other applicants who do not meet the required profile, and such applicants pay fees.
For whom the course of study is intended
The study is intended for those seeking to obtain initial qualification, re-qualification, or higher qualification, both students in economics, bachelor and master graduates, and people in advanced career development or age.
What are the strengths of our programme
Practice has proved that long-term education in accounting in secondary and higher education does not produce the expected result because:
- It takes too long and usually, when students have covered the material, they have already forgotten what they learned at the beginning and how it ties with the end;
- It is not linked with actual accounting practice, with actual accounting documents and real business goals;
- In practice it does not teach them how the financial statements are prepared – this is often taught at the end of a course/semester or not taught at all for lack of time, so they are never or rarely included in the curriculum or in exam assignments;
- The model of teaching with lectures, practical work and examinations at the end of the semester is not a workable model enabling a consultant to develop his or expertise and experience.
The training system at BulMar Accounting College is based on the following:
- The learning method is based on a model in which a professional consultant in an actual business environment builds his or her expertise and experience - this requires a lot of individual work, both for reading and for understanding, professional discussions, case solving and participation in specialised seminars.
- Building a comprehensive understanding of the subject of accounting and the link between accounting for each economic operation and financial statements;
- Preparation of financial statements is taught from the first day of study at the College;
- Study of the main accounting standards and the impact of their application on financial statements;
- Practical dealing with real-life accounting and business documents from real economic operations;
- Study of the key aspects of main taxation laws and their accounting;
- Analysis of the main factsheets obtained as a result of accounting for economic operations;
- Compilation of financial statements from the trial balance and general ledger.
- Super intensive mastering of the subject in order to allow logical connections be made based on the time factor between individual accounting components and taxes. The lengthy, incomplete and irrelevant school and university education in accounting considerably inhibits the creation of sustainable logical connections between individually studied components of accounting theory and practice.
How is the course conducted
The process of learning is similar to the way in which practicing accountants improve and develop on the go. The daily classes include:
- Individual reading and review of the material for the day in library environment
- Discussion with mentors who identify and explain any unclear aspects of the material
- Discussion of questions relating to the material with other students
- Evening seminar with more experienced lecturers to summarise and confirm the knowledge from the day and link it with the previous and next topic.
How long is the study
- Presence learning form The study at BulMar Accounting Accademy lasts 4 weeks with full engagement from 9:00 a.m. to 18:00 p.m. every business day. It usually starts every first Monday of the month so that attendance takes one calendar month.
- Distance learning form - 3 months. The lectures during the course go into a virtual classroom designed specifically for the needs of the academy.
The study ends with an exam, which is scheduled two weeks after the end of the course and the students agree on the date themselves.
After the end of the course and until sitting for the exam each student needs prepare very thoroughly and focus on solving problems and cases in order to pass the exam. In this regard, it should be noted that learning requires about 6 weeks of serious commitment.
What does the course cover
During the course the following subjects are studied:
- Subject matter, objectives and principles of accounting
- Main accounting standards – national and international
- Primary accounting documents and work with them
- Main tax laws
- Practical accounting for economic operations
- Analysis of accounting factsheets
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Performing tax assessment for tax purposes and tax return
During each day of study the students should master specific knowledge and skills, in accordance with the specially designed course programme.
For the purposes of study a unique textbook has been produced, containing over 1,000 pages of practical material on accounting and taxes. For the same purpose a special dummy company was set up and it can be used by students for gaining faster understanding of the material studied and of many accounting subtleties. The textbook remains for permanent use by the students.
The exam takes 6 hours and includes 6 sections:
- Accounting theory and principles
- Accounting for economic operations
- Solving tax cases
- Detecting errors in a trial balance
- Preparation of financial statements based on trial balance and general ledger
- Tax assessment of the financial result for tax purposes
The exam will be conducted in a specially designed WEB system which operates in an Internet-free environment.
During the exam students do not need a calculator, a sheet of paper or a pen.
Although the exam is conducted on e-platform, it is not a test. Each assignment is open and only one solution should be given. This also applies to the preparation of the financial statements for which there is no need of a calculator, a sheet of paper or a pen, because the functionality of the system makes the required calculations.
During the exam all mobile phones and other Internet-connected devices should be placed on a separate table and their use is prohibited.
Who are the successful students
It does not matter where a student studied previously and how many exams in accounting he/she passed, or whether he/she has studied accounting at all. It does not matter how long he/she has worked as an accountant.
The most important thing for success is to what extent each student will be committed to his/her studies, from the first day in study until the day of the exam – about 6 weeks in total.
Price and registration
Paid programme (presence and distance learning form) - 650 BGN
Sponsored study ( selected candidates only) - 100% sponsored